Rules and Regulations SKF Birthday Competition
Submission rules and eligibility
- Entering the contest constitutes agreement to the terms and conditions stated in these rules and regulations.
- Submissions can be made either by Twitter, LinkedIn, or email. You can post photos on Twitter directly, using our handle @SKFMarine. If you send photos by email or LinkedIn, we will submit the photos on your behalf.
- You may only submit one photo. Participants who use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified.
- The contest is open to all, regardless of age, gender or nationality. Entrants under 18 years of age require the permission of a parent or guardian. By entering the contest, entrants under 18 years of age indicate that they have obtained the permission of a parent or guardian.
- Entrants are required to obtain the prior permission and consent of the persons who are portrayed in their works or who hold the copyright or other intellectual property rights to the works or the items portrayed therein. The entrant shall release SKF from any claims by third parties arising from infringement of such rights and the costs of prosecution.
- SKF reserves the right to delete any photos that could be considered indecent or do not adhere to SKF company values.
- All photos must be submitted by 12pm (CET), September 1, 2017.
Judging and prize
- The winner will be selected by SKF. This will be awarded to the photo that is adjudged to be the most imaginative and aesthetically pleasing. This could be a photo taken in an exotic location, something out of the ordinary, or some beautiful wildlife. Please note that the decision made by SKF is final and is not subject to legal appeal.
- The prize for the competition is a maritime-themed cake.
- Prizes and rewards are subject to change without notice and cannot be exchanged, transferred or redeemed for cash.
- The winner will be selected after the competition closing date. He or she will then be notified by SKF via email by the end of September. If you submitted your photo via Twitter or LinkedIn, SKF will contact you by direct message to obtain your email address.
- If the winner does not respond to SKF within 5 working days, he or she may lose the right to receive the prize.
- By sending an image to Engineering at Sea or any other SKF channels, you automatically transfer the rights to SKF to use that image for competition-related purposes only.
- Please note that SKF may elect to suspend or postpone receipt of any or all entries if in its judgment the contest cannot be run smoothly, securely or without affecting the fairness of the judging due to circumstances beyond its control, including but not limited to network failure, computer viruses or unauthorized access to its servers.
- Note that in the event of a conflict with the laws and regulations of a country, such as those pertaining to exports, the prize may be undeliverable to the winner.
© 2017 SKF Marine - Print Version